Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We'll see how often I'm able to keep this current, but this is a better way to try and keep family and friends updated on our little family...especially the star of the show - Emma!

This kid surprises me everyday with her personality and quirks! Of course, like any mom with a two-year old, I have my days where she certainly tests me, but those days are certainly overshadowed by the good days.

Here lately anytime I have to discipline her, she usually goes to a corner, cries for a few seconds and comes running back to me wanting me to pick her up and snuggle her. And on top of that, she likes to pat and rub my back while she snuggles.

This kid LOVES the Disney Channel. We can't go a day without blasting off with Little Einsteins, or learning a few Spanish words with Handy Manny or learning how to slueth and "Think, Think, Think" with Darby, Tigger (Tiggy) and Pooh. All being hosted by a pair of monkeys, Ooh and Aah! (Yes those are their names and I love those cute monkeys!) She can almost name all of the characters from My Friends Tigger and Pooh...my favorite to hear her say is either Ra-Ra (Rabbit) or Tiggy (Tigger).

Emma is also learning American Sign Language with the help of the show "Signing Time." I'm amazed at how much she can tell me with just a few hand gestures -- the good ones. :o) It has helped us both immensely when it comes to communicating.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe! She is so funny! I can't wait to see y'all in a couple weeks. (I can't believe its coming so soon either!) I will help you with your blog, for sure. I'll give you a call when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete